Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Configurationing REW for the first time and have reached the point to test and measure. In attempting to use the signal generator for pink noise, an error msg appears saying the signal generator is unavailable. Have been unable to determine why and therefore unable to proceed with measuring. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
As I'm a novice on REW subject matter and on this forum, I must aplogize on two fronts. First, my subject line should have indicated "help needed." And secondly, I'm now aware that I needed to provide more information at the very least...the version of REW in that my issue was relative to 5.01 and utilizing HDMI and a USB mic.

Anyway, after reviewing and correcting ASIO config parameters, I was able to resolve my issue. The REW setup guide(s) I had been following indicated that only two (HDMI and the Mic) devices must be active. With only these two devices "active," neither the signal generator nor the SPL meter would function (pop up window with error) resulting in the inability to perform a sweep and therefore a measurement. When through trial and error, I made a third device "active," all was well. My assumption is all three were necessary device drivers. I was able to produce my first graph and now on to additional learning curves.:)

Hope this might prove useful for others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts