Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a) Does it make sense to set the AVR mains Xover to 60 HZ prior to measuring the Sub response since that is were I intend to finally set the xover freq ?

b) What max freq should I EQ to ? is 75HZ enough or should I go up to 90 or 100hz ? Obviously the higher the max freq the more filters are needed.

c) The auto Optimize function do end up with one or two filters that has very low gain like 2 db with bw about 12 . Deleting these seem to have small impact . Do you guys delete these filters so as to end up with a smaller number of filters?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
a) Does it make sense to set the AVR mains Xover to 60 HZ prior to measuring the Sub response since that is were I intend to finally set the xover freq ?
Sure, set things up as you intend to use them

b) What max freq should I EQ to ? is 75HZ enough or should I go up to 90 or 100hz ? Obviously the higher the max freq the more filters are needed.
Assuming you are placing filters in the sub path only there's not much point going too far beyond the sub low pass, with your mains crossing at 60Hz the broadest signal to the sub will be from the LFE channel, which is probably low passed at either 80 or 120Hz. It is usually not worth worrying about features on the downward slope of the response after the roll off starts unless they are so large they get to similar levels as the pre-roll off content.

c) The auto Optimize function do end up with one or two filters that has very low gain like 2 db with bw about 12 . Deleting these seem to have small impact . Do you guys delete these filters so as to end up with a smaller number of filters?
Yes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts