Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,320 Posts

If you're co-locating them all, then it's easy: EQ the group as one with a single EQ channel.

If you're putting a pair in one location and a pair in another, then that's a little trickier. If you have a symmetrical shoe-box-type room and are using symmetrical placement (e.g., one pair on one front corner, the other pair in the other front corner) response should be the same for either location, so once again you can EQ them all with the same set of filters from a single EQ channel. If you're going for asymmetrical placement in a symmetrical room, you'll probably want to EQ each pair separately (two EQ channels).

For a non-symmetrical room, again with a pair in two locations, with either symmetrical or asymmetrical placement, response will most likely be different at each location, so you'll probably need to EQ each pair separately (two EQ Channels).

If you're locating all four in four different locations, that can be a nightmare, depending on the room. It might be best (read easiest) in that case to just EQ them as a whole (i.e., one EQ channel).

Regards,
Wayne

·
Super Moderator
9,320 Posts
Pete Hsu does not recommend stacking vertically due to possible undesirable floor effects. What has been your experience?
I had mine stacked in a corner for a long time, in two different living rooms. Worked fine in both.

I have a LOT of trapping, some on the front wall, but most on the back and above the suspended ceiling. Not sure if that would negate floor interaction, tho.
Not sure I get what that's all about, trying to avoid "undesirable floor effects" and such. Subs react with every boundary. How can that be avoided? :huh:

Regards,
Wayne

1 - 2 of 2 Posts