Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: Audyssey MultEQ FAQ and Setup Guide Discussion Thread

I have a question reguarding the use of 4 subwoofers. I have the new Denon x4000, with dual outputs. If i split each one once, i put one subwoofer up front and one the right back and the left would be the same manner, one up front the other in the left back. Seanpatrick or anybody else know how to set the level of each one to acheive the 75 decebels and required by adussey. Or do I just use one subwoofer and gradually bring up the back subs. Sorry if this is the wrong post to bring this up, but just want to know how to set up xt32 properly using 4 sub with 2 outputs.

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
If you have a way to measure spl and each sub is placed in the ideal spot, adjust the amp gain to match spl for each sub to get 75 db at the LP. Then drop 6 or so db from each sub as the gain from 4 subs together should be about 6db before room gain. Xt32 should take it from there. Xt32 will treat the split subs as one, so you will have match them before xt32 looks at it. This is where I would start, although surely there is a better way as my measurement-ninja skills are early in the journey...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts