Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help on this. I have a bose lifestyle 28 system, directv hd-dvr, a basic vcr, and a new samsung ln46a550 lcd tv. Wondering how to wire the system up for best performance. Is it worth purchasing a bose video enhancer (VS-2) to plug everything into and then to the tv? Or is it better to individually run cables? Too many pictures/wiring methods on options for wiring the systems. Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Hi and welcome to the Shack!

Did you just purchase the Bose system?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Ok, seeing as your kind of limited as to what you can do, I would not buy the video enhancer as thats just another device thats going to ad more processing to the signal. Your best off running video directly to the display and only run the audio through the Bose system using optical.
Sadly Bose for what you pay is not great. They charge way to much for what you get.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the information. I assume you mean to run the digital sound from the directv/dvr to the bose? I agree, Bose is overpriced but it was a wedding present. What spare cables should I put in the wall (between the equip rack and tv) for future equipment?

·
Banned
3,807 Posts
If you're not going to use the sound built into the TV (but possibly the tuner), run 1 hdmi (video from AVR), 1 component (Video from AVR), 1 optical (audio to AVR), and 1 co-ax (antenna to TV). Get them from monoprice.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts