Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally finished my theater room and now I need to connect my vintage Onkyo 540 amp and my Klipsch horns. My home has a hard wired network as well as numerous wireless routers. Part of my network has a free standing network hard drive that contains thousands of songs and some video. Playing video should not be an issue sense I'm installing a smart TV.

I know that using a laptop and connecting the headphone output to the preamp will work, however, I'm looking for a better solution. I’m thinking about placing a CPU out of sight and installing a flip down touchscreen monitor…any better ideas?

I saw that Onkyo has a network capable amplifier, however, I want to use my old equipment.

Regards,
Bob

·
Super Moderator
9,283 Posts

Welcome to the Forum, rltaver!
I know that using a laptop and connecting the headphone output to the preamp will work, however, I'm looking for a better solution.
It’s difficult to follow all that, but if all you’re really asking is for a better way to get an audio signal to your Onkyo than to use your laptop’s headphone output, I’d suggest using a good-quality outboard USB sound card.
Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Welcome to HTS!!! :D Since your post seems to be "networking audio/media server" related, I'll copy your post there. You should get more responses. I'll post a link, too. Good luck!

Copied here. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts