Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went thru the "Getting Started With REW PDF" line by line for HDMI, and when I get to the point to calibrate the SPL meter I get an Asio driver error. Attaching pics to try and help.

Dell XPS Laptop
Win 8.1 Pro 64 bit
8 gigs ram
HDMI from laptop to Marantz Preamp
USB to Umik 1 from Cross Spectrum
Asio 2.12

·
Registered
246 Posts
Did you try rebooting after getting this all setup for the first time? Not that it should be necessary, but ya never know if things will just work after a reboot.

Another thing you may want to try is temporarily disabling in Device Manager all the audio devices except the HDMI one. This is a reach but could be worth trying.

Did you put the Sens data into your calibration file? If so it shouldn't even let you try and Calibrate it and you won't have to. This doesn't explain the error, but perhaps it would let you work around it?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you try rebooting after getting this all setup for the first time? Not that it should be necessary, but ya never know if things will just work after a reboot.

Another thing you may want to try is temporarily disabling in Device Manager all the audio devices except the HDMI one. This is a reach but could be worth trying.

Did you put the Sens data into your calibration file? If so it shouldn't even let you try and Calibrate it and you won't have to. This doesn't explain the error, but perhaps it would let you work around it?
I went at it several different ways. This model laptop has two video cards, the Intel stuff for light duty and the Nvidia for the HDMI out and gaming. With the Realtek audio enabled (PC speakers), my laptop won't always recognize the Marantz and Umik together. If I disable it and just have the Nvidia Audio working, the laptop sees the Marantz on the HDMI and the Umik on the USB fine.

I rebooted several times, and the error was present every time. Not sure what the us causing it.

The only files I got from cross spectrum were narrow band 0,45 and 90 (loaded 90 to REW) and 1/3 octave 0,45 and 90. Am I missing the sensitivity data somewhere?

·
Registered
246 Posts
You need (should) to add the sensitivity data to your calibration files. This is unrelated most likely to your issue but slight chance it can help you work around it. Search the REW Users Guide PDF for "sens".

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Try clicking on the wrench/spanner in ASIO4All to put it in advanced mode. I take it that it doesn't work after just clicking OK on the warning about the ASIO reset?

Can also use the Java drivers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts