Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal. I'm looking for somebody with a webcam (i know i sound like a perv..sorry) that would be interested in helping me set up my equipment (receiver settings, crossovers, room response, etc. via ichat or some form of video chat.

I need whoever to be able to see the back of my receiver, or the menu screen, and walk me through it. I have a Yamaha v663, Sierra L/C/R, SVS PB-13 Ultra..ready and willing to go....and i don't know what i'm doing. i have the basics, but it seems like i should be getting more out of the sierras, and out of the sub.

i think i have all of the cables and such for REW: spl meter, etc. Newer Macbook and Aluminum imac to work with....just needing some help.

again, not a perv. :gulp::kiss:

any interest......reply or emaild me [email protected]

thanks guys.

matt sollars

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody....help with reciever settings even.....anyone....

just trying to get the best sound out of this equipment.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks bruce.
i have read the help files and the cabling. i believe i have all of the necessary equipment...but i'm running into problems with using Mac computers with it. i was asking specifically if any other mac users would use ichat to show me what i'm doing wrong......or if anyone with a webcam would be willing to show me step by step what it is i'm messing up. maybe they could offer settings in the v663 to get the most from my setup, etc.

sorry i wasn't as clear as i could have been. thanks for the reply.

matt

·
Registered
24 Posts
Matt,
I'm not sure what problems you are having, but the latest version of REW only works with Intel Macs, not those with PPC (G4, G5, etc.). If you have a PPC Mac, you need to get the older version of REW (V3.29, IIRC). There will supposedly be a fix for the PPC Macs in the next release, but no release date has been set, as far as I know.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i read that earlier somewhere. (not sure what posts)

i have an intel mac....i just can't get it to work correctly. this is where i need the help. i've gone through the tutorial...and i'm just not getting it to work.

keep the help coming though.

matt

1 - 8 of 8 Posts