Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy works at a sherwin williams store, would it be beneficial to take my cream and sugar mix to the store and have them shake it good before i use it?

thanks
dave currier

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
my buddy works at a sherwin williams store, would it be beneficial to take my cream and sugar mix to the store and have them shake it good before i use it?

thanks
dave currier
The Liquitex BASICS 'Silver' paint is a bit hard to get dissolved into the base paint so it would be difficult to actually mix it too much. Since the BASICS 'Silver' isn't a true aluminum paint it would be safe to try using a commercial paint mixer, but even that might not do the job since it only shakes the paint. A drill-mounted stirring tool acts more like a kitchen egg-beater in that it has spinning blades that help break up the thicker BASICS paint into smaller particles as well as agitate the paint. Members have been known to actually use a kitchen mixer on the low setting to make C&S™ Ultra.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
The Liquitex BASICS 'Silver' paint is a bit hard to get dissolved into the base paint so it would be difficult to actually mix it too much. Since the BASICS 'Silver' isn't a true aluminum paint it would be safe to try using a commercial paint mixer, but even that might not do the job since it only shakes the paint. A drill-mounted stirring tool acts more like a kitchen egg-beater in that it has spinning blades that help break up the thicker BASICS paint into smaller particles as well as agitate the paint. Members have been known to actually use a kitchen mixer on the low setting to make C&S™ Ultra.
I didn't realise that when I posted. Thanks for clarifying. :doh:

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
I didn't realise that when I posted. Thanks for clarifying. :doh:
No worries! :T The tints that paint stores use are MUCH thinner than the Liquitex BASICS paint so it's much easier to disperse them by simply shaking the paint after adding them. :nerd:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts