Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Share your workflows! :)

3K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  mechman 
I'll see if I can find some time to do it. I don't know what their upgrade path will be for version 5 but I do know that it's coming soon. And I guess it will be nice to have for folks who won't be upgrading.

I'd like to add that v5 will be a very nice upgrade. The interface has gone under a big change. I think it will be much more user friendly. :T
I was just kidding with you. I understand it will be a monumental effort to write up a how-to. I mean, the CalMan guys haven't even done it yet :neener: (I kid! I kid!)

Once you fiugre it out though it's kind of easier than you may initially expect. My initial confusion was that I expected to *have to* do so much more than just click to add a graph, etc.

Since the Spectracal team reads this forum I'll share my thoughts for some upgrades :heehee:

A toggle for setup mode would be nice so you can disable the buttons while you're setting them up, dragging them around, etc. but still easily switch back and forth to test them, etc.

The drag and drop controls to position the items aren't easy to use. I just end up managing it all in the properties tab. Especially positioning the controls; I just use the size and position boxes rather than trying to drag into place, etc.

Not all items (like the grids and buttons) appear in the properties tab unless you right click them. And some properties are only on the right click menu like the list of rows for the table object.

Setting up text boxes is also a bit of a pain (but I record all of my settings in an Excel file so I just removed all of them from my flow). I haven't been able to figure out how to edit the Help tab for a particular page.

Having the common buttons pre-made would be nice too in case you delete one by accident. An un-do feature would be cool though I can see how that would be a ton of work (I just save my workflow often).

A copy and paste feature would be awesome, so when you setup a control on one page you can make a copy on another page.

Unrelated to workflow creation: a pet peeve of mine is having to turn off pattern prompts when I do an infinite measurement; it keeps prompting after each reading (It would be fine if it just prompted once/the first time). I find it annoying to turn on and off because I have to open the the menu tab, select the misc settings, change the setting and then close the tabs. 4 clicks for a simple change. I'd prefer a button I could put on the page or really just to not have it prompt me every measurement if I use that button.

It's a property on and of the images (or buttons), so right click the image/button. Once you have the right side panel open, there is a drop down for available images and a "..." button to the right. Click the "..." button and you'll get a dialog with all the images listed and the ability to remove custom images (the standard system images are embedded in the application so they don't count towards the file workflow file size).
Thanks! I'll play with that tonight :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.