Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Would it be worth spending $10,000 on a 90 inch non ultra HD (4k set) or a few thousand more for an LG 85 inch Ultra HD (4k set)? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
My thoughts are that it would be worth it to wait until prices drop! :eek:
Yes, I totally agree. I was just thinking hypothetically if you had the money.

But, let's say the prices are more reasonable for example say the 90 inch is $6,000 now instead of $10,000 and say the 85 inch is now $9,000 instead of $19,000..

Which is the better buy?

:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm sure it will find a few buyers, but $10K is a lot of money to spend without 4K. I know there's no content now but you'd think in 2-3 years you might have something to watch.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I'm sure it will find a few buyers, but $10K is a lot of money to spend without 4K. I know there's no content now but you'd think in 2-3 years you might have something to watch.
I agree. I think if you had the money, instead of spending on a non 4k TV even at 90 inch it would be best to spend the extra money for the 85 inch 4k since it would have the technology to make the display better.

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
My local Fry's had one of these Sharp Aquos TV's on the floor. They only had one, it was in the box, and there was no price on it. Just a sign above it saying 90 inch. I dont blame them, I wouldn't take a tv of that price range out of the box for a display either. :rubeyes:

Agree Sevenfeet :TT $10K is a lot of money to spend without 4K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts