Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently running my Pioneer PL-D II TT through the Tape Input jack on my SN R-972. (no phono jack obviously) I want to rip my vinyl into a digital format for portability. I was considering using the Tape Out jacks to a Line In jack on my PC. Theoretically this should work, but wanted to put this up for discussion in the event I'm totally wrong or if anyone has done something similar and the results/pitfalls.
I do have Audacity for recording, formatting, etc..

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Yup, Ive done just that and it worked well.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Im assuming your turntable has a built in pre amp?
Not at all, just tape out to the PC's line in and set the level on whenever software your recording with.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The TT has a standalone preamp Parasound PPH-100. No issues with playback. Been running it for sometime now. Honestly thought I would need an additional interface to run it to my PC. Upon further investigation I discovered the Tape Out jacks and the Line In on my PC. I just ordered the RCA cable to run to Line In and I should be good to go.

Thanks again for your input. Have a good one.

Rick

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
F/Y/I - My setting on my R972 must be impeding output to my PC. When I run direct from Preamp I get the signal, but not through the receiver. Any suggestions? I would like to go through receiver simple due to convenience.

I'm not running multi-room.

Thanks,

Rick

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Your using the tape out?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
And what input do you have the TT plugged into?

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
I dont think you can output to the tape out at the same time as using tape in. The R972 does not have a "tape loop" Try using the CD input instead, make sure that the CD or one of the other inputs is assigned to analog in the setup menu.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts