Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

941 - 947 of 947 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I'm new to the forum. Obviously have the 972. Have had the unit for some time, but am now trying to use it in conjunction with my HiFi tube system. Was connecting the front preamp outs to my AR LS8 tube pre amp to the tape or AUX inputs, then routing the MAIN outputs to my Rogue 88 power amp. I want to be able to use a single pair of front end speakers (Goldenear 2's) for my tube HiFi and use the same pair of speakers for my 972 fronts. Obviously not powering both systems simultaneously.

Can someone offer me a suggestion as I'm not able to get the front surround sound I expected. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone know if there is any market for a used R972? I'm considering selling mine but can't seem to find a market on ebay or these forums to get an idea of a good cost point. Are people interested in them? What is the going rate? etc.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #943
Given they are now several years old and sold new for $599 I would think asking $200 would be about the best you could ask.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I would try ebay, start an auction at $200 and let the market decide if it is worth more.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I just got a 4K TV and want to send the video from my Nvidia shield directly to the TV so it can play 4K but of course I want to use the 972 for audio. If I put a splitter on the output of the shield and run one to the 972 will the receiver just ignore the video and just play the audio portion or reject everything?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know if there is any market for a used R972? I'm considering selling mine but can't seem to find a market on ebay or these forums to get an idea of a good cost point. Are people interested in them? What is the going rate? etc.
Interested if you ended up selling and where? I have one that's been outstanding over the years. I bought a new Marantz and am wondering if I should part with my SN R-972.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cost me $180 to have mine repaired at a local shop. Had no audio out. Shop found bad caps and a chip on the dsp board and replaced. Running a couple ac infinity fans on top now to keep control of temps and maybe increase longevity.

941 - 947 of 947 Posts