Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Shiva-X that has a scratchy voice coil. At very low volumes it sounds fine but when pushed with a little power it begins to tick. Would it be possible to purchase a "recone kit" for this and install it myself? What will this cost? I have reconed a couple of JBL woofers in the past.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I have a Shiva-X that has a scratchy voice coil. At very low volumes it sounds fine but when pushed with a little power it begins to tick. Would it be possible to purchase a "recone kit" for this and install it myself? What will this cost? I have reconed a couple of JBL woofers in the past.
I'm sorry but we don't do recones nor do I stock soft parts. It isn't cost effective on these woofers to recone them. If you smoke one, you toss the driver and get a new one.

Is this a driver you purchased? If so drop me an email with an invoice number and I offer special consideration for anyone that is outside the bounds of warranty. If it is less than a year old, it would be covered 100%. I've never seen a situation where they have developed a rub after use unless you do something nasty to the driver.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio

1 - 2 of 2 Posts