Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I have a Shiva-X sitting around that I would like to put in use. I really like the size/waf of a fellow member here who did a 3-3.5 cuft build w/ a single Shiva-x and 2x15" PR's. Now that Exodus Audio (or whatever the company was in WA) is out of business where can I get the 15" PR's? I'm on a tight budget and would like to get the best bang for my buck/waf. This will be used in a 2000 cuft multi purpose room and for 95% HT/TV and 5% music.

Can I use just any 15" PR's? I saw some options at PartsExp such as TC Sounds ($$), Dayton (More in my price range).

Can I go with 2x 12" PR's?

Your comments are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
I would also suggest looking at the TC Sounds PRs over at PE, or the CSS APRs. You should definitely spend a lot of time getting a good simulation done so you can properly size your PR(s). Get the response you want based on PR tuning, check your xmax, then finally check your PR excursion. No reason to spend the $$ on the PRs if you don't need to.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-142
Are those what you are thinking?

Did you look at these:
http://www.creativesound.ca/details.php?model=APR15
I would at least try to use 1 PR that is one size bigger than the active driver. And to be safe you can use two of them. SO with a 12 use dual 15 PRs.

Sorry the post took a while. I thought I posted this already.
Yup, those are exactly what I was looking at. Thanks for the link to CreativeSound. I'll have to do some research into them.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would also suggest looking at the TC Sounds PRs over at PE, or the CSS APRs. You should definitely spend a lot of time getting a good simulation done so you can properly size your PR(s). Get the response you want based on PR tuning, check your xmax, then finally check your PR excursion. No reason to spend the $$ on the PRs if you don't need to.
I'll be doing some simulations this week using my Shiva-X and 1/2 PR's. Hope to have them posted soon for some feedback.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Good to hear the progress. Always love pics of new subs being born. LOL:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts