Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id like to build a tall tower speaker styled subwoofer using a bash 500 and an si ht 15. The bash 500 i hear the electronics are open on the back side and i was thinking of having my ports external from my 5-6 cf cab but still having them enclosed in a second lower cab.. Use some 90s to get the ports to the front. So the lower half of the cab would just contain the 27 inchx 4 inch tubing and the amp.. there would be no free air moving in that section to keep the electronics from smacking around. Has anyone tried or seen something similar.. Was wondering also on if the 90s from parts express created any sort of chuffing.. Thank you

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It can be as tall as 6ft 6in can be big and heavy just need it to go LOW (luda) lol id like to keep the footprint on the smaller side 20x20 max dont know how an enclosure like that would sound is square a bad footprint to start off with??

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
8 cu.ft. tuned to 20 hz would get the most out of the driver and amp combo unless that's too big for you.

All the controls on the Bash amps are sealed so there's no need for a separate enclosure.

There's nothing wrong with a square footprint.

Floating point division by zero means your driver file is corrupt, delete it and create another one.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
The Bash amps are designed such that they will be safe being exposed to the inside of a sub cabinet. This could be seen as better than the plate amps that require a plastic cover, robbing more cabinet space.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
si_box_1.jpg Not at all too big.. This is very sloppy but a rough idea of what id like to do.. Nothing is set in stone.. Im not proud of this either did it with a tape measure and a pen.. Working on a side view i think this model has a 6cf enclosure for the driver.. 8 cf would be no prob port lenghts probably need to be changed too just a guess

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
win isd also doesnt like any of my woofers parameters.. BI FS Mms Re Qes Rme Qts Qms Mpow Cms Vas Sd fs all listed as failed

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
What are your external dimensions?

Remember you dont need to have two separate enclosures. The amp will be fine in the same enclosure as the woofer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will someone check my file over and c if it looks decent im going to try some other sizes but as far as driver parameters do they seem correct.. Link is on pg one... I just like the idea of the second cab.. And it will serve as extra bracing.. Any reason why i shouldnt do that??? Other than it will be heavy as hell lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Change your system input power to 500w, then fine tune....for a box that tall your going to need more bracing...if it were mine i would do 1 vertical and 3 horoz. Getting the box right will depend on your volume after bracing, driver and tube volumes calculated in there. The calculator on this site works awesome

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ahh ic i changed the series resistance to 4ohm as well.. have more realistic cone excursion now too ill fine tune a bit n c what i can come up with.. thanks for the help

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
port air velocity is at 81.9 at 20hz thats way to high right? if u use 90s for the port i imagine there would be significant cuffing??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
with those parameters i get 70 fts port velocity? whats an ideal fts? lowering box tune lowers fts. but takes away from my lower range (20) hz and makes for longer ports aswell.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts