Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Due to the popularity of the 18" HT subwoofers we have decided to open up another pre-order for them. The pre-order has staggered pricing as follows:

$162 + S&H until Feb 28'th
$175 + S&H until the woofers arrive
$190 + S&H after the woofers arrive

Pre-order is open on the 18" D2's right now. We are almost sold out of the D4's and when we sell out of them (should be a few days at this rate) we will open up the same pre-order for those.

We are stocking up on the next order of 18's. Ordering a LOT more of them this time. :)

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Re: SI HT 18" D2 pre-order info

Hrm...true. Let me change a few words around to demonstrate what's really going on a little better.

Wooooaaaahhhhh.....how and when did that text get posted instead? That was the same text that I posted in a build thread a few weeks ago! Wow. Gotta change that...like, now.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Re: SI HT 18" D2 pre-order info

Hrm...true. Let me change a few words around to demonstrate what's really going on a little better.

Wooooaaaahhhhh.....how and when did that text get posted instead? That was the same text that I posted in a build thread a few weeks ago! Wow. Gotta change that...like, now.
I think it has to do with the saved feature, obviously works TOO well. I had the same thing happen to me. I started a thread, did not finish it... may have finished it from another computer or something, don't remember, but later went to start another thread and the previous message info was in the message pane. It was weird no doubt.

Glad to see you getting up another order. We will get this in our newsletter that should go out in a couple of days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow! That makes it hard to wait. I guess I could go with the Dayton, doesn't seem to be a big difference between them. I followed your build baniels, is it worth the wait or is it splitting hairs?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow! That makes it hard to wait. I guess I could go with the Dayton, doesn't seem to be a big difference between them. I followed your build baniels, is it worth the wait or is it splitting hairs?

If you're willing to be satisfied with having slightly shy of 3 dB less output (another way of looking at it is needing double the amplifier power to achieve the same output - and a larger enclosure because technically you would need 1.5x the woofer(s) to achieve the same output, or 1.5x the enclosure volume and 1.5x times the surface area) go ahead with the Dayton. But if you want a driver that requires less power to be louder in the same size box and has almost double the linear displacement for less cost ours is the better option. The pre-order that we have open now is for those that know of the advantages of our woofers and are willing to wait a few months for us to get our stock back in. And of course the latter comes with a discounted price for those who want to make sure they get them. The 18" HT woofers are very popular.

·
Registered
18 Posts
When I add multiple drivers to my cart, the shipping cost PER driver goes up. It's like it is being calculated on total weight, not individually boxed. If anything cost per driver should go down. they are coming here anyway.

·
Registered
52 Posts
A little unclear about the pre-order price increase. Thought I would need to order by today to get the $162 price, but reading it again it says price will increase to $175 after 03/2013 or after March 2013. I would expect this to mean beginning April. Am I reading this correctly?

Thanks,
Eric

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.