ForumRunner_20150218_074301.png

All together then I belt sanded it with 40 grit then i filled in cracks

ForumRunner_20150218_074424.png

ForumRunner_20150218_074510.png

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then I sanded whole box with 80 grit then 120 then put 3/8 round over on it 1/2 for the port also inside of port is rounded too. Then I went over box with 180. I used a kobalt air da sander that all of that and good auto body sandpaper

ForumRunner_20150218_075154.png

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Then I pained it waited about week after primer, pic of paint I used use a 1.4 tip spray gun to put it on

ForumRunner_20150218_080210.png

Here it is painted looks bad in pic and really didn't come out that great got a few runs. It was way to cold to paint it was only 35 out lol

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And its done it came out ok would of looked better if it was warmer out to spray the paint but oh well

ForumRunner_20150218_080846.png

ForumRunner_20150218_080905.png

This thing is a beast its big and heavy haha

·
Registered
334 Posts
The Martysub line is super awesome. I'm finishing up a Martycube using the DIYSoundGroup Ported Cube 15 because I dont have tools/skills to cut the box on my own......

I'm ALREADY planning to sub out a custom martycube end table so I can go with duals.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Is that a pizza box inside? Did you have dinner in that thing?

that looks great I plan to build one of these for a SI 18....

Let us know how many cracks you put into the foundation of the house!! :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Very nice build. I have a few of those subs in sealed enclosures and I have been thinking about re-doing them in a mini marty.

How do you like it so far? What amp are you using to power it?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So far I really like it a lot, I have an old Sherwood newcastle r-956 receiver and then the rolls mb15b then to a behringer inuke 3000dsp sub is bridged at 8ohm if I turn the amp way up I here a little hum or buzz kinda threw the sub but I need I newer better receiver.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I was playing some slowed bass songs and my windows were flexing about a good 1/4 inch never had a sub that got this low before only bad so far is its big takes up a good amount of room and its heavy takes two people to pick up and move

·
Registered
67 Posts
Looks real nice and clean. Great job there. I bet it sounds awesome. I agree on it being huge. That's why I opted for a IB in my new home. No boxes in the way or to move around. And the output is just insane.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
So far I really like it a lot, I have an old Sherwood newcastle r-956 receiver and then the rolls mb15b then to a behringer inuke 3000dsp sub is bridged at 8ohm if I turn the amp way up I here a little hum or buzz kinda threw the sub but I need I newer better receiver.
How is it wired?
Reason I asked is this:
I have a Denon 988 AVR with 1 RCA sub out, so I used a Y cable (all RCA's) to feed my iNuke 3K, and I used XLR adapters at the iNuke....
Had a slight to aggravating buzz.
I JUST changed out the XLR adapters to a cheap 9" Y cable from Radio shack(like $3.50 each- the 1/4"to RCA ADAPTER was 7.99ea!), 1/4" Mono to (2) RCA outs (1 is unused)...

Hum/Noise is COMPLETELY gone.

I guess some XLR adapters/ adapter cables tie in the unneeded pin to another causing a ground loop(XLR is 3 pins- RCA is only 2).
I did have a little hum from my cable(checked it), but even that went away with a straight Mono 1/4" to RCA.

May wanna try that if ya haven't already.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts