Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

It has been brought to my attention by Brian @ Rythmik audio that incorporatong two LT circuits or two shelving filters in order to attain the proper Qts new to old ratio and have it bind with the old/new Fs ratio would be a good way for me to gain some extension at reasonable output levels.

I've looked at the Behringer FBQ2496. Kramskoi has done a **** of a job integrating one of these into his system. The results were nothing short of outstanding...If I can achieve something similar with my single TC-3k (granted, in a much smaller room) I'd be most satisfied for HT.

Here are the in-room listening position *measurements with a set of quick BFD filters

*I found out after taking these measurements that I wasn't using the proper mono cables from my mic pre-amp to the ECM8000...so the above graph could be horrifically inaccurate.

Far from flat, but as you can see there is a significant drop in output right below 20hz. Also, factor in the effects of the BFD on overall system Qtc and I am losing some of the benefit of an extremely low Q alignment...(A major reason LT seems like a better idea for getting more low end extension in my particular case.)

I'd like to try an FBQ, but is there anything particularly better?

Looks like a lot of research will be done today :bigsmile:

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Owen Bartley- First of all thanks...and for some reason I completely forgot about the marchand basis :eek: Thanks for the perfectly timed reminder. The mono bassis was something I considered for a while...

Kramskoi- I'll post a new graph after re-calibrating the sound card and mic. I am pretty sure any inconsistancies in the above graph are due to improper cabling at the time though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts