Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

181 - 200 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Why yes, yes they are

Thinking of buying two more for the other side and I am done ;-)

I may paint them the same color as the wall and you would never know they were "plugged-in"
:T

Maybe just some reflective tape on the edge of the riser to be safe ... and watch your step :bigsmile:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Just an update, I think I am pretty much done for now, more picture to follow once I have the room all cleaned up. I have the base boards installed and the seats all installed. So now I need to do some cleanup and touch up work on the paint. With the lights down low (Wall sconces) and watching a movie, you can't see the speakers up front so at this time I am going to hold off on the enclosure around the screen for now. I am all but tapped out now, and starting to feel a bit under the weather. Now I can start tweaking my sound and enjoying the new theater! So thanks again to everyone for your help and support. I will be here off and on, but probably not the frequency I had during the construction. If anyone wants to contact me feel free to do so, I will monitor my emails and my IM programs. I will upload pictures soon of the finished project.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #183
Just one more thing!

If anyone knows a way to make or resurce to put together a "Intro" for your HT let me know, I have Apple equipment and use Final Cut Express, Aperture and iPhoto, iMovie and iDVD.

Probably something stat has sights and sounds and allows me to "brag" on my Theater when company comes to watch movies.

I plan on putting it on my PS3 and depending on the movie, I will "rip" the movie to the PS3 or my Apple Mac Pro's Raid disk and I use MediaLink to stream media from my Mac to the PS3, I can place it there or combine media for a seamless experience ;-)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Here are the ending photos of the project. I have a number more things I "want" to do, like the shadow box around the screen to conceal the speakers. Now its time to do some sound tweaking. I am going to download REQ and get out my RS Sound meter and give it a go ;-)

Boy a photo flash sure points out the imperfections in the finish work don't it :-(

Current ending project photos

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
Well it has been a while since I reported in. I am still around. I have recently ordered a pair of eD A2-300 subs, and contemplating a complete speaker replacement as well. Been watching a number of movies, and also purchased a BFD 1124, I have it hooked up and from what I can tell by my REW measurements I have it tweaked pretty good, the while system sound great, but it laks the base I think I should have, hence the purchased of the A2-300's I will have further posts and photos when they arrive in 4-5 weeks :-(

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
... I have recently ordered a pair of eD A2-300 subs, and contemplating a complete speaker replacement as well. ...
:rubeyes: . :unbelievable:

Upgrading so soon??? ... :bigsmile:

I'm glad you're happy with your project ... like some say: "This is a non-stop hobby" :yes:

Do you have any speakers on mind??? ... remember that you can also get nice used speakers; I've been checking on ebay, Audiogon (high end speakers that sells cheap), craigtlist, etc. if you want to go that route :yes:

Do you want another suggestion (to spend more money)??? ... get an external amp for your front speakers; I got one that I already installed but I need to do the final calibration of the system :praying: ... and as far I can tell right now; is making a big difference :yes:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Yes as a matter of fact, I am considering a complete set of eD speakers, using a pair of towers for the mains. But I may still wait until the subs get here, that will be another $1000 that of course I don't have LOL

I have been watching Craigslist and eBay but so far found nothing I am sure about.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #188
Oh I forgot I did take some more pictures of my mounted movie posters, that I forgot to post here:

http://www.itsallbutstraw.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=8216

Someone was asking about the movie posters that Blockbuster sells, so I took some closeups of those, as well as of the rest of the mounted ones. I didn't get one of the Dark Knight poster I have on the door leading into the room.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
... I am considering a complete set of eD speakers, using a pair of towers for the mains. But I may still wait until the subs get here, that will be another $1000 that of course I don't have LOL

I have been watching Craigslist and eBay but so far found nothing I am sure about.
Besides eD ... Do you have anyting on mind???

You can start will a really nice towers, and upgrade the rest later :yes: ... here is just an example

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #190 (Edited)
Found a pair of Infinity RS5's for around $100-150 so far ;-) But the eD seem pretty good for the price, plus they are shipped to my door for free ;-)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Great thread. Enjoyed reading through it. I've considered the eD towers myself. If you go that route be sure to let us know what you think about them.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Come on in the air is f....iiiiinnee

Suffering right now from a broken clavicle. waiting till tomorrow to see what the doctor has in mind for the repair ;-) based on the x-ray looks like surgery to me ;-) It hurts so bad!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Come on in the air is f....iiiiinnee

Suffering right now from a broken clavicle. waiting till tomorrow to see what the doctor has in mind for the repair ;-) based on the x-ray looks like surgery to me ;-) It hurts so bad!
Sorry to hear that :blink: ... believe me I feel your pain :yes:

When I was young (many moons ago 1980-1981) same thing happenned to me playing soccer :yes:

I'm form El Salvador (Central America), our hospitals used rudimentary tools to do some repair; what they used was some pantyhose (tights) that they filled with toilet paper :yikes: ... then they used that under my arms and around the neck (forming an eight, that's how they called); after a couple of months I went to the hospital again so they can tight the knott again until my bones fused :unbelievable:

Nowadays, if somebody pass a finger where the clavicle broke ... they can feel that bump, because one piece is on top of the other :yes:

I'm sure that they will use some kind of nail to level the bones if they're broken ... which is a good thing.

Good luck and relax.

Be prepared to sleep uncorfortable for a couple of months, I remember that I can only sleep face up, not on my sides of face down :yes:

I didn't mean to scare you ... okay :hide:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #198
Oh believe me you aint telling me anything I don't already know LOL. I am in a similar figure 8 brace, but hope the orthopedic Doctor will give me a better answer, the bone is defiantly broken in two and over lapped, looking at the x-ray. I can sleep on my side believe it or not its a tad bit more comfortable than on my back. 4-6 weeks of this is going to have me crazy!

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Oh believe me you aint telling me anything I don't already know LOL. I am in a similar figure 8 brace, but hope the orthopedic Doctor will give me a better answer, the bone is defiantly broken in two and over lapped, looking at the x-ray. I can sleep on my side believe it or not its a tad bit more comfortable than on my back. 4-6 weeks of this is going to have me crazy!
you'll be fine in no time :T

By the way ... How this happenned??? ... working, playing, accident, :dontknow: ... just a little curious :bigsmile:

181 - 200 of 346 Posts