Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I calibrated YPO on the receiver and here is what I have now full system (subs+mains)
View attachment 9136
Looks good to me ... :yes:

I'm sure you have a parametric equalizer on your receiver ... try increasing the frequency response for the sub (I think the lowest is 30Hz), increase that frequency a couple of db and see if that changes the response in the lows (30Hz-40Hz range, that's what I did with mine) :yes:

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
Not sure I can do that, here is the manual for my receiver, page 90 and 91 is the area for the parametric EQ and the only thing i can do it seems is to lower the db on the LFE but I can adjust all but the sub on the EQ.
No problem ... I'm already registered (I own the RXV 2700 :bigsmile:)

You're right ... according to the manual:

Graphic equalizer GEQ
Use this feature to match the tonal quality of the center,
surround L/R and surround back L/R, and surround back
speakers with that of the front L/R speakers. You can
adjust 7 frequency bands (63 Hz, 160 Hz, 400 Hz, 1 kHz,
2.5 kHz, 6.3 kHz, 16 kHz).
Control range: –6.0 dB to +6.0 dB
Control step: 0.5 dB
On mine I can also adjust the sub frequencies ... but who knows, maybe you can (just follow the instruction on page 90 and see if you can adjust the sub too :yes:

EDIT:

This is what it says on my manual:

1 Press k / n / l / h to select Test Tone or the
speaker you want to adjust.
• Select “Test Tone” to choose whether turns on or
off the test tone output when adjusting the tonal
quality of each speaker.
• Select “Front L” to adjust the tonal quality of the
front left speaker.
• Select “Front R” to adjust the tonal quality of the
front right speaker.
• Select “Center” to adjust the tonal quality of the
center speaker.
• Select “Surround L” to adjust the tonal quality of
the surround left speaker.
• Select “Surround R” to adjust the tonal quality of
the surround right speaker.
• Select “Surround Back L” to adjust the tonal
quality of the surround back left speaker.
• Select “Surround Back R” to adjust the tonal
quality of the surround back right speaker.
• Select “Presence L” to adjust the tonal quality of
the presence left speaker.
• Select “Presence R” to adjust the tonal quality of
the presence right speaker.
Select “Subwoofer” to adjust the tonal quality of
the subwoofer.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Based on these readings would I greatly benefit from a BFD or should my money got toward a new SVS Sub or base traps/acoustical treatments?

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I vote for a newer better sub. No offense, but there's just not much to work with with those 2 small guys and I think you'd get the biggest improvement by getting a more powerful and extended sw.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I vote for a newer better sub. No offense, but there's just not much to work with with those 2 small guys and I think you'd get the biggest improvement by getting a more powerful and extended sw.
Oh no offense taken for sure, I know they are pretty much junk LOL I got the Polk with a system, which I thought was going to go in my living room before I decided on the HT in the basement. But it was all I could afford after the project was mostly done. The DCM I have I got from a pawn shop locally for $100 because I felt the Polk wasn't going to do the job, Duh! But as it turns out the Polk seems to be the better sub :huh:

I am talking with the guys over at SVS and more than likely going to pull the trigger on either the PCi-20-39 or the 25-31 they said they can tune to 22hz the height of the sub I don;t think is going to cause me a problem its just the BIG box type I have no place to put it ;-)

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
I am talking with the guys over at SVS and more than likely going to pull the trigger on either the PCi-20-39 or the 25-31 they said they can tune to 22hz the height of the sub I don;t think is going to cause me a problem its just the BIG box type I have no place to put it ;-)
:T

Don't forget that you still need some accoustic treatment (maybe not for the bass, but for the rest of the system) :yes: ... you can work on that later, first get the sub then the next step :bigsmile:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know, I am risking a "confrontation" when the SVS shows up at the door. That kinda thing I am sure will not go un-noticed.:hide::hide:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HA! And I just found a NEW BFD 1124 for $60, Found a guy that bought one and discovered later that it was not what he needed and never used it.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
HA! And I just found a NEW BFD 1124 for $60,...
You better grab it now before is gone ... remember "Better safe than sorry" :yes:

I know, I am risking a "confrontation" when the SVS shows up at the door. That kinda thing I am sure will not go un-noticed.
Well ... remember that there was a raffle at the Shack and you were the winner of an SVS sub :bigsmile:
(Good excuse, Don't you think??? :yes:)

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Hah! That's a good excuse.

Either of those SVS's should be a huge step-up from the 2 other subs combined!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked up my BFD and this thing is brand new, all the packaging and manuals, even the company sticker ;-) now to figure out where to put it and read up on the docs here on how to use it ;-) for $60 and about $5 worth of gas, I could not turn it down. :yay:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts