Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 12 cubic foot vented enclosure and now I am switching to two 4.5 cubic foot vented end table subs on each side of the couch. While modeling in Winisd, I am showing the same output and response curve (within one db)if I add an 8db boost at 20hz to the smaller box. I tweaked the input and ended up with half the power needed to get the smaller box to the xmax. I find it hard to believe that a vented enclosure of one third the size is more efficient. I am using the Dayton Classic 15". I'm not sure if I am doing something wrong or if adding EQ throws off Winisd power calculations in some way. I am not at home now, but I will post screenshots of my inputs. Has anyone else run into odd power estimates in this software?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I use Hornresp to model enclosures.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have attached some screenshots showing eq settings, input power, excursion, and box parameters. I have the boxes designed in CAD and I really want to cut them this weekend, but I want to make sure that my numbers jive. Any advice is appreciated. I will play with hornsrep tonight to see how that works compared to winisd.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts