Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flipping through the latest edition of Sound&Vision and saw an article on a custom Home Theater build. What really caught my eye was the screen was an SMX AT screen.

I remember when Ruben first started looking at AT materials and it originally was a DIY AT screen. Ruben refined things and did exhaustive searches for exceptional performing AT material and made the jump to the commercial side of things. SMX screens are noted as being very high quality AT screens.

I am particularly impressed with the look of the frames and the fit and finish. They even have masking systems and curved screens available.

Probably one of the best things I like about SMX believes in a neutral screen!
SMX said:
The CineWeave projection screen surface starts with pure color accuracy. The specially formulated white color of the CineWeave achieves dead neutral accurate color reproduction.
Needless to say that caught my eye because for a long time now, even before I came to HTS I have been lecturing about the importance and benefits of a neutral screen. Ruben obviously agrees, and we both were converts of a neutral screen long before it became 'fashionable' with the mainstream commercial vendors.

I contacted Ruben and invited him to present his screens and answer any questions people may have.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is a pretty lonely thread. I'm wondering if I'm the only one here with a SMX screen. I'm pretty happy with mine. There was a vertical 1/8" blemish in the screen material, but Ruben had me new material out within a week. Assembly was pretty easy, and I've had no issues with durability.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts