Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Snap, crackle, pop (and distortion) randomly

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  scot 
#1 ·
Anyone have any idea why I would get random snaps/crackles/pops that, once they start, will get more and more violent until the sound out of one channel will be completely distorted? It will continue when I stop and start playing from that channel. If I switch channels, play something, then go back, it all goes away for a while.

It isn't a big deal as I can just cancel measurements and switch, but it is a frustration.

PC. windows 10 using asio4all. Output is through hdmi on my GTX970 to a Marantz 5010 with the latest hd audio drivers for installed on the cpu. Near 0 cpu load throughout.

#4 ·
That's not the problem then. I suspected not as mine just drops out for an instant if the buffer is too low. I might try a different HDMI cable also just to rule that out. If the GTX970 came with it's own ASIO driver I would use that instead of ASIO4ALL. [I have an audio interface that works fine on its ASIO driver, but not with ASIO4ALL.]

Just ruling out easy things - I have no good ideas for your issue.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.