Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I just spent the day changing the CRT coolants on a magnavox 51MP392H that we got a garage sale about a week ago. I was real siked when we got it until i figured out i could not fix the yellow cataract color that dominated most of the screen. After a little research, i found i needed to change the CRT coolant. This was fun. So i finish right, i turn on the tv, and the colors look pretty good. But now i notice that theres a blue reflection on the screen. If it says nick on the bottom right side of the screen, it has nick upside down in blow on the top left of the screen.:help: I tried fixing the convergence but that only fixes the blurry colors, and when im on the blue convergence, the movement is backwards. Pressing right moves it left and vice versa, same for up and down. I have a feeling its these two wires. There are two wires that connect from the Green CRT to the Blue one. I wana belive that the one from the left side of the Green Crt connects to the left side Blue CRT the way it is from Red to Green CRT, but they wont fit. If i plug them left to right and right to left they do connect, but i have this reflection. Its a really tought angle and dont wana try and force my left to left idea. Any help would be really great. Were so close:bigsmile:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey bro,
thanks for the help, but im not sure thats what i have. I mean why is the blue upside down? Ill definitely look into this though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL. Thanks. What i dont understand is why only the blue one is like that. I lined them all up the same. :foottap: TO ANYBODY READING THIS. Make sure you clean the all the CRT's THOROUGHLY. Most of the yellow that was on the screen is now gone, MOST. There is one noticable yellow line and the blue still has glowing halos. Picture is MUCH better though. :D

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The orientation of the blue is usually reversed in these units, so when you assemble the CRT be sure that you do not have it installed upside down.

A line can be an indication of a serious problem with burned phosphor or a crack. The philips sets with collant issues have been known to develop cracks in the face of the crt due to uneven or ineffective cooling. If you have a crack developing the crt will short as the envelope is compromised and the coolant leaks in. If the phosphor is burned, there is no solution other than a rebuilt or new CRT. The crust that develops on the tube and on the lens can be hard to get off without damaging the lens, and my guess is that you just have some of that left.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts