Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So confused on REW - read the manuals, threads, etc.

Have a UMM-6 Calibrated Mic with HDMI out on laptop to Onkyo 809.

This is my first sweep...well 20th, but still 1st day.

First issue is I keep getting LOW LEVELS when I test level prior to the sweep, even running at +1 on the AVR.

Then I have no idea what the is going on ....not even sure what I am looking at. If I should post this somewhere else, just yell. Perhaps my low level issue is messing up stuff ? All I know is it does not look like anyone else's data?

OH, I have no smoothing on...

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, so I assume since I am a "new poster" over hear - not getting any love :)

If anyone has any ideas what the low level is would appreciate it.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
All looks OK - are you using V5.00 or the V5.01 beta? The beta version recognises USB mics (which have lower output levels) and doesn't generate unnecessary warnings for them. You can get the beta version here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
All looks OK - are you using V5.00 or the V5.01 beta? The beta version recognises USB mics (which have lower output levels) and doesn't generate unnecessary warnings for them. You can get the beta version here.
Thanks for the response...yes I am using a USB Mic (UMM-6) and I am running the Beta Version.

It does recognize the mic, but this error is either a mistake or alarming :) - meaning the beta version is messing up or I have something messed up.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
I guess you were using 'Check Levels'? That test wasn't taking account of whether the input is a USB mic, I've fixed that for the next release, but you shouldn't get a message when actually making a measurement. Make sure the test tone is at a comfortable volume, about the same as your AVR's speaker level test signal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess you were using 'Check Levels'? That test wasn't taking account of whether the input is a USB mic, I've fixed that for the next release, but you shouldn't get a message when actually making a measurement. Make sure the test tone is at a comfortable volume, about the same as your AVR's speaker level test signal.
Yep I was using check levels - and Yep again, no error when taking a measurement.

Finally I assume the idea is that the target levels are somewhere around 75dB or something close to that.

Anyways...looks like REW is working nicely with the USB Mic, thanks much !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts