Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I have not dealt with or used room correction yet but from the things i've read and heard about the various types out there it would a differance.:T

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
Honestly, unless anyone as heard it, we wont be able to say. That said Ive seen one very good review of it from a person I trust and the results were stated as nothing short of excellent. Really, all eq should integrate the sub seamlessly, and your sub will no doubt be better with it than without, so even if its not perfect it should still be preferable. From what Ive read though, its at least on a par with the EQ-1, with Paradigms subs at least. On that alone I would expect it to be very good.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thank you very much for all your advice everyone. If I may one last comparision. If you had the choice:

. A Paradigm DSP-3200 which has been "corrected" using the PDK software (mics positioned in 5-7 areas in my room) or,

2. The new SVS SB12-NSD without room correction, other then the normal "sub crawl" and adjusting volume,phase..etc

3. HSU VTF-2 Mk 3 without room correction, other then the normal "sub crawl" and adjusting volume,phase..etc

If you need anymore information about my room/gear let me know

Again thank you for you help, I am one of those people that fuss over a decision like this alot..:)

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
My pick would be the Paradigm, with the SVS coming in second. There is nothing wrong with the crawl around the room method by any means and on top of that you always have REW at your disposal.:T

41 - 44 of 44 Posts