Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my Energy's and looking to replace them.

I didn't figure it would take those long. I saw where you had them on Audiogon too... my thought was someone will snag those babies quickly.

Glad you got'em gone. Now what are you gonna buy?

I'm thinking PSB 25's. Just because I can get them for $350 out the door. Looks like I'll get them until I can find a used set-up that is better with a center ch.
I can't believe I will be listening to movies in stereo :( (my surrounds are ****** B.A.'s and I would never want to use one for my center as it would fail horrily as the main speaker for dialogue.

If you see any deals, please let me know.

Matt

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: FS: Energy front stage

There is one other option. Someone semi-local is selling there set-up and I can afford it....BUT I don't know if it is enough system to fill my HT/living room.
What do you think??
Paradigm Titans w/stands for front
Paradigm CC-170 center
Paradigm ADP-170 surrounds w/stands
Paradigm SB-8 sub(I have the svs 20-39 still so I don't know if I could even run this???? I'd love to run it as a midbass, but have NO IDEA if I can or how I would do it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Is that the Paradigms you're talking about or the PSBs?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Instead of buying all new speakers at once, you could use your current setup and start replacing the weak links. This way, you can save more money and have a better system to your liking instead of upgrading every so often. That's what I'm doing with my current system and find it better this way. It gives me time to save for the better speakers instead of blowing it on all cheap speakers.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a good idea, but I'm not sure I want to stay with Paradigm. Although, I could replace either the front three 'or' the surrounds to what I really want when I can afford it, then the other set later. Since to me, matching the front to the back timber-wise is not needed. At least for my ears' ability.
Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts