Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,431 Posts
Shoot...Looks good to me. BTW did you see how I did the baffle on the sealed boxes? Use 2x2 for the anchor for the baffle to mount to and overlap the last baffle layer while allowing the first 2 to drop inside the cab to meet the 2x2. Weather strip all of that. You may want to use threaded inserts instead of T-nuts if you do this. The T-nuts have given me horrible problems with spinning and cross threading on occasion.

· Registered
2,431 Posts
I vote for a Behringer DCX2496. About $250 last I checked. It is a swiss army knife of audio. More advanced but way more flexible. You cna only EQ down to about 15hz getting creative, but it just does so much. Do you have an SPL meter and REW? If not maybe try to get that going so you can evaluate what your sub and room is doing, which will help you implement the EQ.

· Registered
2,431 Posts
DCX is capable of crossover slopes both high and lowpass of up to 48db octave at almost any frequency. It can EQ using parametric filters or do shelving or BP type filters. It can adjust the in and output gain of each channel, it can do dynamic EQ that adjusts things based on the volume of the signal. It can indepedantly adjust the distance (phase) of each channel. It can be controlled remotely by computer. It can do all of these adjustments independently for each channel. 3 in and 6 out.

Probably more power than you need, but I always favor having too much.

Down the road if you add another sub or whatever it can independently tweak out each one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.