Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I am attempting to use REW to get a good idea what my sub is doing in my room, and maybe eventually get a BFD to help out a bit. but being a poor college student i would rather see if i need one first ( although i am sure i do).

Here are my questions/problems.

1. so i started playing around with it and i attempted to calibrate my sound card. I built my computer and when i did i made sure i got a motherboard with a good sound card on it, which might pay off in this project... maybe not you tell me. When i connect the heaphone jack to the line in jack (using a 1/8" stereo cable, little long) and i hit the measure this is what i get http://www.ccdoggy.net/temp/soundcard.jpg . I have in the options output is 48Khz, output is my Nvidia nForce Audio, Headphone output, Input is same sound card and Line_IN. I have changed nothing else. what am i doing wrong?

2. Because I always use my Digital coax connection to my Arcam receiver shouldent i make the connection from the computer to the receiver, then from the receiver's pre outs to the sound card's Line_In? then do the sound card calibration? or should i not do it?

3. Just to confirm, inroder for me to connect aRS SPL meter (old) I need a RCA to 1/8" fono cable to get it connected?

THis program really looks awesome and extremly helpful, i cant wait till i can borrow my buddie's RS spl meter and get measurin.

Thanks allot for the help!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help, ill get to trying it all out tomorrow some time. and i am sure i will be back with questions and graphs galor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts