Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The tweeter is from SEAS, and the woofers are custom made for us. They are a cousin to the woofers that we used in the Trinity, but customized for this design.

Here's a picture of the prototypes with the drivers loaded. You can see the wires dangling out the back for crossover testing and tuning:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just box tuning and crossover. The drivers are the same. I don't have any pictures of the driver outside the cabinet at the moment, but if I get a chance to take one I will.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Super tks. Will there be a matching Center?
Not really sure yet. It's not a huge stretch to think there might be an updated Trinity using the new tweeter at some point, but we aren't at that stage yet. The few people who have heard these prototypes thus far have suggested the sound signature is similar overall. One said it was "like a Trinity on steroids" so it's possible the two would play nice together even with the mismatched tweeter. I"ll have to try it myself once I get my hands on a pair.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
What a show. :)

The show (prototype) Seraphim pair was sold on the first day.
We actually had 3 people who wanted to get that particular pair but we had to accommodate the first person who paid for those.

I had personally compared our Seraphim to both Von Schweikert VR-55 and Exotica from Jim Salk and I am rather pleased with what we had accomplished with these new speakers.

The special pricing list of the first 10 pairs has now passed the half way mark. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts