Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

please what is the material of sonotube and what is the thickness of the walls?

I am finding something in my country.. Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Usually paper and my sonotube had 7mm walls.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Yes 7mm compressed paper is plenty. I had a dual opposed sealed sono subwoofer with two 15's in it. The power amp was putting out 2800 watts to the 15's and I never had a problem with the walls of the enclosure. Walls of my house is another story.:hsd:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thank you. what is the price of sonotube in your country? in Slovakia there is 700mm diameter, 5mm thickness in price 60€ per 1 meter.. :unbelievable:

·
Registered
47 Posts
It varies greatly. I'm in Hawaii and it was only availabe in 12' lengths. I was quoted $153 for 18" diameter and $219 for 24" diameter. I understand it's significantly cheaper in some states.

·
Premium Member
5,869 Posts
Prices do vary. Home Depot and Lowes in some states have sonotube for very cheap. While other places outside of the USA and CONUS have tubes for significantly more money.

I paid 200 for two 1m tubes 20" wide. Expensive but it made building so easy and I wanted to try a sonotube.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I paid just under $12 a foot for 22" ID sonotube cut to whatever length I wanted (didn't have to buy a certain amount or pay for any left over scrap).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts