Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first attempt at building a sonotube sub. Did research and got the programs and this is what I came up with. My Original design is getting changed. Instead of a 3" port I'll be using a 4" port and the cosmetics are going to be different. I just don't want to re-draw the design lol. Here are a few pictures.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Re: 3.0 CuFt. 18hz Sonotube sub build x2

Nice progress so far, what are you gonna power them with?
I spy a ton of other drivers in the background, more speakers to come?:devil:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Re: 3.0 CuFt. 18hz Sonotube sub build x2

I was going too but decided to stick with a 3" port. Then I wont have to worry about an elbow. I think that's enough of a port and I'm using a flared port. ordering stuff from parts express Friday. Debating in raping the tubes in a black carpet like typical builds or go out of the norm and do stainless or powder coated aluminum.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my parts are coming in Tuesday from Parts Express. I'm also waiting on a quote for two 16" dia. 1/4 thick glass for my top pieces. I will be covering the tube with metal and painting it. do something different. I'll have new pics up in a week or two.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peerless 830500 12" XLS Subwoofer and two Dayton SA240-B 240W. Have one gotta order another one. I don't need a ton of power sense I can't ever turn it up.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Upgraded my tool collection.. MAN I WISH I HAD A ROUTER... maybe for Christmas :). any way I screwed on the rings. just waiting for my parts to come in.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
these didn't have a film. They been sitting in the rafters at my work for a while. There's four left. Unless when the got that job that needed these they pulled off the film off of all of them I'm not too sure. or its still on it. I thoroughly cleaned the dust off with a 120 PSI air compressor and a brush and rag. Didn't notice a film of any kind. you got me all worried now lol.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think that's the film?? I didn't know they had a film. all the sonotube builds I watched I never herd about the film. if its in there think it will compromise anything?

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its not wanting to come off and the glue bond is good on the brace so Looks like im in luck. :) Went to my buddy's house used is router for top and bottom plates. wanted a good circle with a rounded edge. Parts come in tuesday... yay.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dry fit the ports. Going to flush mount them.

Flared port just pass the center support.

24 aluminum spacers I cut today for the top and bottom plates. Going to Polish them this weekend.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Love my new drill setup... Don't know How I lived without for so long.

Favorite drill bit ever lol.

Counter sunk holes for flush mount port.

Not too bad for not owning a router... man I want a router lol.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanx man.. Still be a few weeks waiting on a quote for some glass and need to order the metal sheet to wrap it with.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts