Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Looking good: can't wait to see the unique finish you're planning. If those are hollow tubes, you might try inserting some damping material inside as mine ring from time to time and I need to do something on my big sonosub. I'm thinking of using spray-foam or caulk.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yea im going to put some acoustc foam in it. But after i paint it. Hopefully start painting this weekend.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thank you. I hope so LOL. I'm pretty excited I might hook one up tomorrow just to see how it sounds. Painting will begin this weekend.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
well the stainless Idea is a no go.. To expensive lol. So I got a metal called Paintgrip. Its pretty much a baked on primer on a sheet of metal. Paints real nice. So I'm going to wrap the sonotube with it and will be a nice smooth finish. So the color scheme is going to be Satin black and polished Brass. Hope it turns out.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
wanted more support so took out the metal pipe and put in wooden rod. the fostner bit was a bit larger than the pipe so it was a loose fit. so the wood dowels fit nice and snug.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

Filler for the inside of the tubes.

Did A quick side project. Made a speaker wall art piece. Nothing special but I think it turned out pretty cool what you think???

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Polished the heads of the brass screws

Painted today. the tubes are sitting on scrap wood the bottoms are painted but there sitting else where.

I'm gong to be fiber glassing these Cone shaped Diverter that I will place right above the port. I'm thinking it will help with turbulence instead of hitting the flat top plate the air will hit the cone and disperse more smoothly from the top assembly.

This is just the middle support base and the tip. I will be putting the cloth on tomorrow and fiber glassing this weekend.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I wanted to originally do carbon fiber then stainless, But don't have the money right now. but later I can cover the metal with it and it will be nice and smooth and round. Thank you for the comments.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
did a little sanding.

These are the brass strips I'm going to be polishing for the top and bottom part of the tubes to add a little sophisticated touch LOL.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

One is done. just needs Brass accents but the port and sub are installed. It's all cosmetics from here on out.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts