Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well im still trying to figure out something new to do for both of the tc-10oem... it is near impossible to make a ported sonotube or ported enclosure tuned low with them, it's either sealed or PR, and PR would be an expensive route(alrdy going to order some PR's for the 18" build) so i'm pretty stuck at designing something new/more efficient to get the most out of these subs, have something that can save me some space and hope itll sound even better, louder and deeper than what I have right now !!

Oh well... I guess it's something I will consider! So do you connect a sub out-of-phase and the other normally when they are on each end or it doesnt matter? Won't it create an air pressure conflict inside the sonotube ?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I went to check the sonotubes and they seemed not too solid, it was Quick-Tube... do you add something to reinforce it?

also, how do you cut it ?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Just fill it full of cement. :bigsmile: I am using a sono tube as an enclosure and it seems to work great. With that being said I think my next sub will be back to MDF due to space restraints.

Matt

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hehe, well, where do you people get your Sonotubes? I've seen some numerous brands on sonosub build and theres White cap, Sonotube and Carter-Waters... I have no idea where to get them, any help is appreciated...

P.S, which brand sono tube are you using mdrake?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I got mine from White cap. For a 24' x 48' piece and a 6' x 48' piece it was around 55 bucks.

Matt

·
Elite Shackster
1,506 Posts
You'll want to wire the subs so that they fire into the room in phase. So you would wire the subs in phase. The pressure in the tube would be no different than having 2 subs in a box firing in phase.

I got my tubes at White Cap and they had a pretty nifty machine to cut it to the length I needed. It was about a 1/4" off when I got home but that difference was pretty much negligible. Have you had a chance to model it? How bit of an enclosure are you looking at?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm looking at an enclosure of about 1.8cu.ft NET. That is achieved with a 12" sonotube at 28" tall, so I need a 32" tall 12" sonotube (each end will have 2" of baffle).

If anyone knows a place in Montreal that sells sonotubes to your specs let me know!! So far I only know Home depot has some quick-tube and can't cut it.

thx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts