Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Sony 50" SXRD Rear Projection TV

9K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  wbassett 
haver
Don't think TV station/cable/satellite will broadcast in 1080p as the additional bandwidth requirements are not available without spending a lot for upgrades. This falls into the catagory of upgrades that they can't justify.
The ATSC standard includes 1080p24 and 1080p30 and would be very easy for a broadcaster to do with no expensive upgrades. There are no upgrades to do 1080p60 broadcasts as this is not included in the ATSC standard. 1080p60 would require more bandwidth, but 24 or 30 frames are no problem. The reaon that no one does so for movie broadcasts is that there is not a perceived demand and there is no financial incentive for doing so.

[/QUOTE]I have my concerns about the Sony SXRD sets as it seems that too many of these sets suffer from screen uniformity issues. This is where you might see purple or blue corners or some other color somewhere on the screen where it doesn't belong.[/QUOTE]

I have not seen this in our demo sets and have not had a single complaint from a client. I have seen the green splotch in the center as the set warms up, but I have seem more uniformity issues with LCD sets. I am quite impresed with the SXRD product, though I slightly prefer the Mits DLP sets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.