Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi you all.

I have a Home theatre sysmtem Sony DAV-SA30. It's very powerful. I realy appreciate the dynamic sound delivred by this system. Unfortunaly it does not have a digital or optical input. So I can only enjoy 5.1 surround sound in case I use the integrted DVD player. Even my PC has multi chanel output (7.1) I can't perform 5.1 sounding while gaming or playing movies in such dolby digital standard.

My question is : Is there a way to creat a digital or optical input for the DAV-SA30 ? If not I think I will finaly try to connect a wire of each analogue chanel to the specified circuit board parts.

Please tell me what do you think about it.

Any word from you will be helpful.

Thank in Advance !

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
5,742 Posts
Hi you all.

I have a Home theatre sysmtem Sony DAV-SA30. It's very powerful. I realy appreciate the dynamic sound delivred by this system. Unfortunaly it does not have a digital or optical input. So I can only enjoy 5.1 surround sound in case I use the integrted DVD player. Even my PC has multi chanel output (7.1) I can't perform 5.1 sounding while gaming or playing movies in such dolby digital standard.

My question is : Is there a way to creat a digital or optical input for the DAV-SA30 ? If not I think I will finaly try to connect a wire of each analogue chanel to the specified circuit board parts.

Please tell me what do you think about it.

Any word from you will be helpful.

Thank in Advance !

I just took a look at your system. it's got a proprietary jack so there's no way to get analogue OR digital to it elsewhere. you'd most likely need a full receiver to do what you want. I honestly wouldn't go about connecting the analogue leads to your circuit board the way you were describing. Way too much risk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.