Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set turns on , power/standby led blinks green several times, changes to red and blinks 3 times in sequence forever, no picture or sound. Owners manual says "contact a Sony Service center". Anyone have a clue as to what might have failed. I'm the original owner, the set has been problem free for 5-6 years, worked great until yesterday morning.:scratch::yikes::dontknow:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the service manual, a sequence of 3 blinks indicates a lamp door or lamp problem. So I popped open the lamp access port, opened & closed the lamp door, put everything back together, nothing changed. Next, I repeated the above, along with removing & reseating the lamp assembly itself. Re-assembled everything, & the problem was solved. Apparently, the lamp assembly had somehow come loose by itself. Or, the lamp door latch & associated micro-switch just needed to be cycled several times.:flex::clap:

·
Registered
94 Posts
That set and many Sony's have 2 switches in series. One on the lamp door, and one directly under the lamp. The one under the lamp usually causes the 3 code, the lamp only has to flex a few mm and it breaks the switch contacts.

If you have an ongoing problem with this, check that the switch under the lamp hasn't come loose, it has a small screw holding it in position.

Jim

·
Registered
1 Posts
I fixed my TV

my lamp blowup and I got a new one from amazon, It's an original one from Philips and came with casing.
I changed the lap very easy and did some cleaning, The TV turned on for a few minutes and then it shut off and the power light blinked 3 times and if i tried to turned on again it just turn the power led green and then it start to blink red three times. I tried removing the lamp several times and then put it on again and still had the 3 red blinks. I leave it all night unplugged and try the same (remove lamp, turn on TV) and at first it turn on but in a few minutes it shut off and start to blink red again.

So what I did is changed the lamp casing of the new lamp to the old casing, and that seems to solved the problem.

I noticed the old casing has some metal in the interior of the lamp area and the front crystal fits tighter. I believe that the new casing was overheating and the TV was protecting itself and tuned off.

also vacuum all the fan area and the inside of the light tunnel helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts