Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have a sony 32 lcd that play's in slow motion ! I have 4 of these . Have tried everything possible to fix or replace main board and t-con and wire cable connector, power supply and replaced screen's .And yes all the numbers on main board and tcon Screen match . I have been told this is a screen panel board problem . The board on top of screen . Anyway if anyone knows the fix please let me know . If it is a screen prob were can these be repaired or were can you buy them if it is cost effective for resale. As there are a lot of this model with this problem out there or with broken screens. Makes me wonder if the broken ones were broken on purpose so people like me would buy them as this problem would make you think its a main board problem processor issue . Thanks any info would be great . As im not going to spend over 1 year trying to repair these ! I say this Because i did spend over a year on All Sony Grand Wega light engines and yes i can rebuild them all i have rebuilt over 120 of these with no problems . And Yes it has been well worth it !

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
There is no cost effective solution. The problem is not in the tcon nor main boards but in the panel. Possibly it is in the COF or the panel itself, regardless, no one is repairing the panels that I know of, and if they did it would likely be cost prohibitive.

When you say you have replaced screens what does this mean? If you replaced the panel with a new or good one the problem should have resolved.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello thanks for Quick response When i say replaced i did not say new or known working i was told on 2 of them that the panels were good Oh well live and learn didnt pay anything for them as they were trade ins on sony grand wega sxrd and xbr with rebuilt light engines and i think i did ok at the bank on these. Thanks again . By the way do you know if or what samsung panels may work in these small boat anchors !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh was just thinking wont you think Sony would have got the message about selling Defective tv's Fter the mess they got themselves into with the grand wegas ? Sure Glad they put oyut over 30 some million of them as im makeing a boat load on rebuilding them . lol

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
The incidence of these problems seems to be rather low. It is not exclusive to Sony, who does not make the panels themselves anyway. We have seen the same problem in other brands as well.

Things go wrong. You are buying complex electronic devices at very low prices that keep getting pushed lower. Quality will suffer with downward price pressure. Consumers are happy to buy products at historical bargains. There is a price associated with that. Even so, the reliability and service on most of these and similar products is likely better than their CRT predecessors. The problem is that many of the repairs are not as inexpensive because of the nature of the product.

If you are the original owner contact Sony and complain. They might provide some relief in the form of an accomodation price on a new set or service concession.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts