Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently replaced the convergence IC's on a Sony KP-65WV700 as well as a resistor that was shorted. I am now able to achieve proper convergence per the service manual instructions, or via the user menu; however, upon saving those settings and turning the TV off, the convergence begins to drift , usually to the left. It seems to be through the entire screen, but can show a greater drift in certain areas, with no discernable patterns. Each time this happens, I try to re-accomplish convergence and ensure to exit the user menu or service menu properly after writing the values to memory per the service manual, with no success. I'm stumped as of this point and would greatly appreciate some help to get this TV working properly again.

Thanks,

Chad

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Are you letting the set warm up before adjusting it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good thought, but yes - in most cases, the set has been on for many hours. I've accomplished convergence adjustments many times now - probably at least 6 trying different things each time. The service manual instructs you to press "Muting" + "Enter" on the remote to write the settings to memory. When I press "Muting" the text "Write" appears on the screen in green text. Upon then pressing "Enter", the text turns red as well as another entry being displayed on the opposite side of the screen (same text = "Write"). This remains for about 3 seconds, then disappears. I'll have to take a more detailed look at the manual when I have time, but I don't think it gives specific guidance on how to exit the service mode (i.e. - turn the set off, or hit menu twice, etc). I have even tried executing the aforementioned "write" command for each color selected for convergence adjustment to no avail. Still stumped.

Thanks for the help!

Chad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts