Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if I am having a convergence problem. I have a Sony kp43ht20 and everything was working great. Turned it on and it looked like I needed a pair of 3-d glasses. On all video source it has the same problem. On video source that have no input the video source image at the top of the screen slates from the top right towards the middle to the left. When viewing a program or tv menu it appears to have ghosting. Is this a convergence problem or something else

Thank you

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Re: CRT based RPTV Convergence Repairs

Sounds like convergence. Post an image and read the first ten posts in the convergence thread that you posted the message in. The post was moved here to keep the forum more orderly.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

I have a KP-43HT20 Sony . I have replaced both IC boards and have checked and rechecked all the fuses under the heat sink and no change in my picture. I still have ghosting of all three colors and when you try to auto focus it comes on for maybe 2 seconds and doesnt even try to come into focus. I have also found in the PJE/ERR , a code that shows 010 which I searched and found that to be a check sensor 0 connection and pattern position , adjust 64 VUP if necessary. Could this be my problem and if so any suggestion

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts

IIRC, the fuses under the heat sinks are on the output lines and almost never blow. The supply lines are fused in the power supply. If one or both of those have opened, you likely have a bad output IC.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

I just replaced both stk outputs with no change , and I also have the upper sensor area. Are there other fuses I should be looking at:
TV worked great the night before, next morning picture was ghosting and bending, replaced both STK392-560 with STK392-570 bought from a long standing local Sony distributor. Flash focus only works for a split second , cross turns white but there is 3 of them. When I try to manually convergence nothing responses , I can move the scale from greatest to least and nothing. I have service manual for this but do not no where to go from here. The Sony repair facility is tellng a minium of 600 and could be more. Any help would be appreciated

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Please explain the phrase "and I also have the upper sensor area."

Yes, there are more fuses, and they are located in the PS, IIRC. You have the manual, so you can check the schematic and the diagrams there. If you are not able to figure out the fusing with a manual, I strongly suggest you not try any further repairs, as you may be in over your head. If you have both + and - supply voltages to the ICs, and they have been replaced, you could have a bad convergence generator or a bad connection.

I do not generally replace the STK392-560 with the -570. Some servicers do but I have had reports of the -570 not working in all cases. If it does work it is likely a more durable part, but I have not used them in these sets.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have replaced both IC and replaced both fuses on the power supply board . Flash focus work for green and blue , nothing for red. Manually can adjust green and blue nothing on the red

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Check for bad solder joints on the connectors going to the yokes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts