Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would anybody know if there is a recall setting for the above CRT display? The factory settings in the service menu have been messed with and I was under the impression that there is a master reset in the service menu that recalls the factory settings. I know how to get into the service menu but just cant find the setting to do so.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sonnie.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
There is a reset, but you don't want to use it except as a last resort. The default settings are not the same as they settings from the factory, which are custom for each set. The set will require a lot of re-alignment if you do a reset.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Leonard, Thats what I feared.
The picture quality looks good but the picture "convergence" is not even and when camera pans happen the image is strange as if its not perfectly aligned to the grid.
I have DVE and AVIA would putting up a grid and making adjustments in the service menu help?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Is your problem with geometry or with convergence?

Yes, it is likely that you can make some improvement, but I would be very cautious and record all values and changes. Don't adjust anything that you are not sure about.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When I said "when camera pans happen the image is strange" I meant that the picture seems wavy does that make sense? I was able to get it close today, I spent about an hour in the service menu It seemed as if the Horizontal settings were off. My issue now really is just the red seems a bit out on the outside of the image the center is good. I'm assuming that its a convergence issue but cant find a convergence grid setting like in my Sony RPTV upstairs.
Its my understanding the Sony uses a single gun in there CRT displays?

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Convergence may require adjusting the physical position of the yoke or magnets. This is a very complex process that I would not recommend for a novice. At the very least, you need a copy of the service documentation for the process.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanks, I will leave well enough alone. its much better now anyhow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts