Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone!

i just saw this sound bar and it got me thinking. is this a nice sound system for my 15sqm room?

SAMSUNG HW-FM45C

and is there any other better with the same range of price? thanks in advance! :))

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've used a soundbar before. I recently got rid of it though. I can't remember the brand or model but it did sound amazing. However, I wanted a more surround sound experience which is why I got rid of it. If you're looking for something that is going to distinguish right from left in the room with movies and games, don't get the soundbar because you will not get it. If you just want something that sounds good then go for it. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yeah I think so. My dad has that and it's the closest you're going to get to a full surround sound feel when compared to a sound bar.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh now i get it. but i like the style of sound bar. it looks classy! lol! how about this vizio 5.1 channel with sub? i think its much better cuz it it jas 2 satellite speakers besides the sound bar itself plus the subwoofer! am i right?

·
Registered
95 Posts
There isn't a link but for it to be a 5.1 system, it needs a total of 5 speakers plus a sub. That would typically be 2 fronts, 2 rears, 1 center channel and then the sub. You'll likely get a pretty full sound with the one you talking about though. But again, you aren't likely to get the sound effects of a true surround. The best example I could give would be a scene where an airplane flies over. It could start at the front right of the room and the sound gradually end up in the rear left of the room as it flies over.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
last one, since its only 2 rear speakers, sound bar and the subs, is it called 3.1 channel? not a 5.1? because you said earlier that it shouldve 2 front and rears and 1 center plus subs to be 5.1 channel.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well the ad says its 5.1. I assume it has a right, left, and center built in to the bar. It likely has 3 speakers in it making the whole system a 5.1.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts