Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving my trusty Oppo 93 in the family room now that my dedicated listening room is painted and wired. I have had no complaints with the unit other than a little transport noise. Sound quality is quite good in stereo downmix and I assume the same is true with the 103.

I never had the opportunity to hear the Oppo 95, or to A-B the sound with the 93 and the 95. Has anyone done that with the BDP-103 and BDP-105? Is the difference in sound quality worth the substantial difference in price?

Best,

Mike

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
When the 103/105 came out, a number of people did comparisons (including me). I have seen posts on avsforum and, of course, my comments are in past columns.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Good question.

Considering the 105 has the toriodal transformer I'd assume it would be better at rejecting common noise problems from the AC line. The fact the 105 has the dual Sabre DACs where one is dedicated to the stereo output and also one of them for the multichannel and DAC inputs on the back leaves it to be very desireable for me personally.

Eventually I want to register for Tidal and at that point will want the 105 for it's built in DAC so I can stream CD quality material.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts