Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sound Science / Shaker Logic Audio - Room 1125

There were two systems setup in the room that used some of the same components. The shared components included:

No code has to be inserted here.

System one included:

System Two included:

Specifications

The Sound Science Music Vault M7 is the new Music Vault product (others are the Diamond, Emerald, and Music Vault II) and it represents a big upgrade in the processor as it uses the Quad Core i7 which operates at 3.5 gHz. It also is able to backup your music library to your local Cloud storage making recovery much easier as well as being accessible from anywhere you can connect to the internet. The M7 is also the only unit I am aware of that uses an atomic clock. It can also rip and store CDs as well as having the ability to play them.

Corner traps and diffusers were used as treatment in this room.

Joe's Impressions

I have heard the Music Vault products before at LSAF (used with a different system), and I was glad to be able to get the chance to hear them again here. The system playing when I came in was system one, and I was immeadiately struck by the wide soundstage with a very open, natural sound. The system was very detailed - high hats especially stood out for me here with a great ping and resulting splash - and vocal dynamics were handled well with no signs of compression. The only odd thing I noticed was that vocals imaged closer to the left speaker, but this may have been due to the AC unit that was behind the right speaker throwing off the image. What I was most impressed with was the midrange and low end - low end had really good impact without any sign of muddiness and the midrange was very clean with an excellent snap - there was one sequence with a rolling snare drum that I especially enjoyed.

Overall, a very nice setup - I do like how the Sound Science Music Vault product combines many different functions into one affordable product - makes it easier for the begginer to get a great system started.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Joe:
Thanks for your work.
There is an Antelope Zodiac DAC, but there's also the Rubicon Antelope DAC/pre ($58,000!) too. Do you remember whether the Rubicon was playing, also? I heard the Rubicon at The SHOW Newport Beach with ATC speakers ($39,000) and thought it quite good, not sure about the pricnig on the Rubicon - pretty high, though it has a 384kHz DAC, phono stage, multi input preamp, too.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would like to know the detailed specs of the M7... such as: which mother board and any graphics or audio card (and output types) and the photos of the rear panel...

does it have any analog audio outputs?

what is the ripping software installed...

It has an atomic clock? wow and how is that integrated?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have read many reviews on turntables and a local DJ is a BIG vinyl aficionado and both sources have basically stated that it isn't the turntable as much as the quality of the cartridge and that paying ungodly sums for a turntable isn't needed. They suggest the $1,500 range turntables as the go-to price and feel that after that price point your just paying for fancy do-dad's that don't really effect the sound quality. What are your thoughts on this subject and would you guy's at HTS consider doing a shoot-out on turntables in the near future?

·
Premium Member
7,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have read many reviews on turntables and a local DJ is a BIG vinyl aficionado and both sources have basically stated that it isn't the turntable as much as the quality of the cartridge and that paying ungodly sums for a turntable isn't needed. They suggest the $1,500 range turntables as the go-to price and feel that after that price point your just paying for fancy do-dad's that don't really effect the sound quality. What are your thoughts on this subject and would you guy's at HTS consider doing a shoot-out on turntables in the near future?
I would personally agree - I heard many turntables ranging in price from $700 to $50,000, and my personal favorite was one that was about $1,200. Sure, the one that had inner lighting was cool-looking, but it did not have an audible difference and at more than $20,000 in price, cool-looking just is not enough. ;)

That is a Sonnie question - I just listen to what the boss tells me! :bigsmile:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts