Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any soundbars capable of providing the quality and depth of sound we know get from our full size 5.1 Infinty Alpha speakers? I also wonder if I could use my present subwoofer with a sound bar. FYI, all of my gear runs through my Denon AVR

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Sound bars are a compromise just as in wall speakers are. There is no substitute for real speakers in all 5 or 7 locations in a room properly placed.

·
Plain ole user
11,121 Posts
Not likely as good as your speakers but they can sound pretty good. You just cannot expect too much...

·
Registered
630 Posts
SoundBars will not beat the real thing - these will work with a receiver.
They can be table or wall mounted, and used with a seperate sub.

Atlantic Technology
The 7.1 is sold with a sub

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have listened to some Vizio and Yamaha sound bars. They both sounded decent (cant turn volume up too much on these sound bars). They connect directly to the TV.
Or, if you have a receiver, Polk makes a more powerful soundbar with a wired subwoofer that sounds pretty good as well. And I agree with everyone that you cant beat real surround sound.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you are using receiver there is even less reason to use sound bars IMHO. If speaker size is important it may be possible to find a set of gallo nucleus or similar for the same price a decent sound bar costs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.