Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

Hope my first post finds you all well.

I have been trying to get a measurement from my Monolith DF sub using the following:

REW running on a Windows laptop..
BFD.
RS digi SPL (with .cal file).
Soundblaster 24bit usb soundcard.
usb midi interface to BFD.
Assorted cables.

The problems I am having are:

When trying to get a reading from the soundcard I get a graph that suggests that the monitoring is on (hideous feedback loop), it is not! I have tried a couple of different leads to connect the input/output, same results.

When I try and take a measurement anyway I hear the tone sweep from the sub but then get told the level is too low and when I try to set the input volume it tells me it is set to 100% and is level is still too low.

I did use the search function but did not get much of use. Can anyone with a similar working set-up post their settings for input and output settings and also what settings they have in the windows/creative volume control panel?

Another quick question whilst I am here;
When calibrating the SPL in REW do I take the reading directly from the SPL or the display on the laptop screen?

Many thanks,

Tony

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
When calibrating the SPL in REW do I take the reading directly from the SPL or the display on the laptop screen?
After clicking CALIBRATE you take the reading on the SPL meter itself and then transfer that value to the REW laptop so that now they will both match.

Can anyone with a similar working set-up post their settings
Ensure that the Line In is unmuted in the mixer, and monitoring needs to be turned off.

Also check this thread where John M posted the Soundblaster external settings.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/bfd-rew-forum/578-rew.html?highlight=soundblaster+external

brucek

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well blow me down!
Why didn't my search bring up that thread?

Thank you very much for that, it should sort me out.

Tony

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
I've changed the title of the thread re the SB Live! 24-bit and made it a sticky, so easier to find in future :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts