Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can we manipulate the soundcard cal file data saved to autocorrect the actual REW readings?Will REW automatically handle the actual readings and auto correct then display the corrected graph?

·
Registered
34 Posts
How can we manipulate the soundcard cal file data saved to autocorrect the actual REW readings?Will REW automatically handle the actual readings and auto correct then display the corrected graph?
Not sure I understand the question, but:

1) It's a text file, so you could edit it if you knew what you were doing.

2) Every time REW starts up, it will load the cal files it loaded last time, assuming it can find them. (They need to be in the same folder they were in when created.)

3) You need to save the cal after creating it! Might seem obvious, but the cal is just like any other REW measurement and a shrunk down version appears on the left side of the screen when complete. Click once on it to highlight it and File -> Save Measurement.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your inputs dave...follow up inquiry..Can I use the newer Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 external sound card for REW?Do we have cal file available for download or do I need to create my own by making loop back connection from L out back to L input?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Can I use the newer Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 external sound card for REW?
Yes.

Do we have cal file available for download or do I need to create my own by making loop back connection from L out back to L input?
You need to create a file of your own, then the file is saved, the loopback removed, and that channel is used for measurements.

brucek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts