Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm running REW on an Intel Mac with 10.5.6. I have the latest Java update and have made the correct changes to my Audio Midi Setup as well as my Sound Preferences to choose the USB Audio CODEC (that's what it's calling my Behringer uca202).

As per my two pictures I can not find a way to calibrate this soundcard. I get a level for the output but nothing on the input side. I'm using the Line Level Out R to Line Level In R on the uca202. I know the problem is that REW isn't giving me a choice when it comes to the Output and Input Device pulldown menus.

There are no drivers to install with the soundcard (as per Behringer website), and it is being recognized by my computer. Why can't I get REW to recognize it. I've tried running the calibration just with the Default Device pull down chosen but it still won't give me any level on the input side.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally got it to work based on this odd series of moves from this thread:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/rew-forum/11992-rew-macbook-m-audio-mobile-pre-bugs.html

I set it to 44.1k, left channel.....and hit "measure" to start soundcard calibration. Hit next 2 times to start the 1kHz tone started.

The attachment titled "not working" shows the VU registering the same -61db on L and R channels. Can't do measurements like this.

1. I increase Record Buffer to 64k with one click. The VU meters turn a darker shade of gray.
2. I turn it back down to 32k
3. I hit cancel in the lower right corner
4. then I start "measure" again. hit "next" 2 time to get it going again.
5. I'll add that I switched it back to right channel before doing the final calibration

Now, the screen looks like "working", the left channel VU is actually picking up a signal!

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
The soundcard measure looks good.

There are some funny quirks with Macs and REW for sure. Looks like you solved that problem though and are on your way.

brucek

1 - 3 of 3 Posts