Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have stumbled upon a strange phenomena in REW when doing soundcard calibration.

When I use JAVA I get a very rapid roll-off at 15khz (see attachment). Testing the soundcard in RMAA using same settings (16bit/48khz) gives a very nice, flat frequency response (see attachment).

I tried using asio4all with 24bit/48khz which gave a fine response.

For the REW vs RMAA tests I used the same output, directsound (ASUS HDAV1.3 DELUXE).

Is this a bug in the program, have other people noticed the same...or any other ideas why this is happening?

Best regards,
Mikkel

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Most likely explanation is sample rate conversion in the OS or the JavaSound interface if REW and the card are set to different sample rates. You could try selecting "Best" sample rate conversion quality in the 'Performance' tab of Windows' Advanced Audio Properties, accessed via the Advanced... button of the Sound Playback section of the sound and audio device properties.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Most likely explanation is sample rate conversion in the OS or the JavaSound interface if REW and the card are set to different sample rates. You could try selecting "Best" sample rate conversion quality in the 'Performance' tab of Windows' Advanced Audio Properties, accessed via the Advanced... button of the Sound Playback section of the sound and audio device properties.
Hi John, thanks. In my case that was it - sample rate set to 44.1KHz instead of 48KHz in the OS. Thanks, Mitch

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts